Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Vet report no 1

So, vet (Mark) came out today and I explained everything to him about how Sam has been over past week. We took him out onto the yard and he had a look at him. Mark flexion tested his back and he didnt react normally around the lumbar part of his spine. From what I'd told him he decided we'd see him on the lunge first.
Popped on his bridle and my hat (thankfully) and took him into the sand paddock. As soon as I asked Sam out onto the circle (left rein) he erupted into a leaping/bucking frenzy. You could tell he was in a lot of pain with how he was, I did manage to hold onto him although it was sketchy at times. He was then the same on the right rein, bucking mad, not settling down at all.
We took him up into the indoor school to trot up and flexion test but he didn't react to any of them. Although he did let out a massive buck going in to the indoor school which almost decapitated Mark.
Mark decided it's definitely some sort of back pain so has prescribed 14 days of danillon with as much turnout as possible. Then I've to lunge on day 10, see if there's any improvement and then let Mark know.
Fingers crossed there is an improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment