Rode Sam this morning in the sand paddock for the first time since he started to show discomfort. He isn't any better. Although he's happy to hack out as soon as I put any pressure on and ask him to use himself properly he protests and kicks out. Still head shaking and his ears flat back as soon as I pick up a contact and ask him to work into it. Which is so unlike him.
Going to try a different saddle tomorrow and also try riding bareback to see if he still reacts in this way. Will also try lungeing him tomorrow to compare to the first day he was showing signs of discomfort If he is acts the same in a different saddle/no saddle I'll get the vet out on Tuesday.
He is comfortable in his stable and happy walk/trot up the yard.
Now thinking it's either his stifles playing up again or it's something behavioural when he is ridden in the sand paddock.
Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment